Monday, November 20, 2017

Apartment 213 Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?

Meketa- The band is not doing anything these days.  Myself and Ron Etchell (original drummer) talked about trying to do material but the interest is not there for me anymore.

2.How would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the newer recordings?

Meketa- I always called our sound Noise. I am sure the other guys disagree.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band has explored over the years with their music?

Meketa- Depravity

4.I know that the band was named after Jeffery Dahmer's address, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in serial killers?

Meketa- To be honest that was so long ago I have no idea.  In 2009 I became a Christ follower, these days I strive to build people up.

5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?

Meketa- We haven’t played shows in years. I always had fun at the shows in Cleveland.

6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?

Meketa- No. The band is done.

7.Recently Magic Bullet Records has re-issued some of your older material, can you tell us a little bit more about the newer versions?

Meketa- Newer versions??  The last record we did was a spilt with Nothing Is over I believe.

8.Over the years the band has been a part of a great amount of splits, can you tell us a little bit more about the bands you have shared these recordings with?

Meketa- Sorry for the short answers but it has been so long, I really haven’t thought too much about 213 let alone the bands we did splits with. Sorry

9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of power violence and grindcore?

Meketa- We were kind of ahead of the Power Violence fandom, we started in 1992. When we were active we had our “fans” but for the most part we were not that popular.

10.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?

Meketa- The band broke up when I moved to Southern California.  If the remaining members want to tour or do new music they should. As I stated in previous questions I am out of the music game for now.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Meketa – I listen to all sorts of music, always have actually. Heavy stuff the new Integrity LP is GREAT!!!

12.What are some of your non musical interests?

SKOGGING!!!! See skogging.com

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Thanks for the interview.  It probably bored the reader.  A213 is inactive and as I can see is it will never be active again.

No comments:

Post a Comment